Last updated: 18/05/18
This Cookie Statement explains what cookies are and how and why we use them on our website and on our app. For information about how we use personal information which you provide to us or we have collected about you, please see our Privacy Notice which can be found here.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is placed on the browser of your computer, tablet or mobile device by us. This information is then sent back to our systems and recorded as you move around our website. Cookies are unique to the browser that you are using, so if you use both a mobile and computer to access our site, different data will be collected for each.
There are both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website. Like most sites, we use a combination of both.
What types of cookies do we use?
The following are the types of cookies that our website uses:
- Technical cookies. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you carry out searches, log into secure areas of our website and make payments.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to gain an insight into how visitors use our website, so we can improve it. We are able to count the number of visitors and review which pages they visit. We also use these cookies to monitor which marketing activities are generating traffic to our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or the destination that you last searched for).
- Targeting / Third Party cookies These cookies may be used by us, social networking sites, other third-party suppliers and/or advertisers to record your visits to our website and enable interaction with you once you have left our website. The information obtained is used to personalise any adverts that you see for our products, whether they appear on our website or on third party websites.
We will collect the IP address of the device you are using to access our website (e.g. your phone, mobile, laptop or home computer IP address) when you visit our website. From this we may be able to identify the approximate location of the device you are using to visit our website and the domain that it is using to access the Internet.
We use these cookies in the following ways:
- Searches and preferences: Cookies enable our search panel to remember any information you have inputted, so if you come back to have another look for a similar holiday on the same device, you won’t have to fill everything in again. If you select a holiday but then leave our website and come back later to book, we will have stored the holiday using cookies so you shouldn’t have to search for it again. Similarly if you save any deals into our online scrapbook, they will be waiting for you if you want to have another look.
- Marketing: If you receive our marketing messages, including emails, it is likely that we will link the information that we obtain through cookies with your email registration details so we can tailor the information we send to you, unless you tell us not to. Remember that you can opt-out in every email we send to you - Please see our Privacy Notice for more information.
Third Party Provider Tracking
What can you do about cookies?
If you would like to learn more about cookies and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the help section of your browser. Here, you should be able to control which cookies you accept and reject or you can ask to be notified when a cookie is set.
Please note that if you choose not to accept certain technical or functional cookies, you may not be able to book using our website or use all of its features.
Changes to our Cookie Statement
We may change this cookie statement from time to time. You can see when this Cookie Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Cookie Statement.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this Cookie Statement, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com