Use and Collection of Information
- When you submit a holiday query to us by email, we will ask you to provide us with some personal information, such as your name, email address, street address, phone number and the names and ages of those travelling with you. We may collect additional information about you from e-mails or other correspondence that you send to us and we may also collect information about your usage of our Website.
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, transport, insurance, we may provide your information to our service providers (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also disclose your information to companies who process your order on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA.
- Your information will enable us to supply to you the information, products or services that you have requested when accessing our Website. We may use your information for the purposes of providing you with our services, customer care, improving our service to you, assessing customer purchasing preferences, credit checking and debt collection. We may need to disclose your information to public authorities for immigration, customs, security or anti-terrorism purposes, if requested by them or required by law.
- We may contact you by post or, if you have given us the appropriate details, by telephone, SMS text message or by e-mail in respect of your order and, if you have opted-in, in respect of any special offers we may have available. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
- If we enter into a joint venture with, or we are sold to, or merged with another business entity or our assets are purchased by another company, your personal information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners and used for the same purposes for which we use them. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information that you provide to us without your consent.
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or to locate anyone posting any defamatory, obscene or otherwise illegal material onto our Website. We may also disclose information to protect us in respect of legal or contractual obligations.
- Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted booking, even if you don't confirm the booking. This data may be used for operational emails, SMS messages or telephone calls to enquire why the transaction was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we won't store it for longer than necessary and we won't share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
Storage of Information
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
- We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for so long as either you or legislation permits. We reserve the right to retain certain of your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us via our Website as we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes.
- If your personal information changes or you find that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please advise us of the relevant changes as soon as possible by e-mailing us at email@example.com and clearly stating the changes that you require.
Types of cookie we use
- Like most large websites, On the Beach uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Neither session cookies nor persistent cookies collect any personally identifiable information.
- We use session cookies, which last only for the duration of your visit (your 'session') and are deleted when you close your browser. These simply enable us to identify that the same person is moving from page to page.
- We also use certain cookies that are persistent. These remain on your computer after you have visited our site, meaning the site can remember your settings when you revisit us. Persistent cookies help our website remember your settings when you revisit us for example we remember some of you searches you perform on our website. We then set a persistent cookie so we don’t have to ask you the question again next time you visit. Persistent cookies last for a pre-defined period unless they are deleted. Some of our cookies are applied by our advertising partners to help manage our online advertising. These cookies enable us to learn which advertisements bring customers to our website and help us manage our advertising spend by only using adverts and websites that prove to be effective. The information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address (see also Third Party cookies). Similarly, we also use Google Analytics to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time such as tracking which pages users visit.
Third party cookies
As well as using cookies from our advertising partners, from time to time we may also embed external content from other third party websites within our website. These include sites such as Facebook and Twitter, whose cookie usage policy you can view on their own websites.
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- On the Beach Limited is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party sites linked to this site. Consequently we advise you to read their privacy policies before submitting data to such sites.
- As well as using cookies from our advertising partners, from time to time we may also embed external content from other third party websites within our website. These include sites such as Facebook and Twitter, whose cookie usage policy you can view on their own websites.
Contact All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.