So excited? Just can’t hide it? We know there’s nothing like that holiday feeling. Whether you’re a globe-trotting pro or new to travelling abroad, planning ahead can get you off to a flying start. We’ve collected some tips and advice below to help you stay inside your happy holiday bubble from the moment you leave your house.
Don’t get tripped up on the trip
- Read the FCO travel advice for the country you’re visiting. You’ll find essential information on medication restrictions, safety and security here.
- Remember your travel insurance and make sure it’s valid for your holiday.
- Allow plenty of time to get to your chosen station, airport or port.
- Make sure you know any local emergency numbers.
- Check the luggage policy and allowance of your transport provider before you travel, including any weight or carriage restrictions. Carry any medicine you need in your hand luggage.
- Select a lucky friend or family member back home to be your emergency contact. Make sure they have the complete lowdown on your holiday, including the times and dates you’re travelling and where you’re staying.
- Keep a copy of your passport, along with any VISA information or other travel documents, somewhere safe throughout your holiday.