1. This promotion is offered by On the Beach Limited, whose registered office is 5 Adair Street, Manchester, M1 2NQ (“OTB”). By participating in the promotion, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. If you make a Qualifying Booking (defined below), all passengers resident in the UK and named on that booking will, subject to availability, receive complimentary airport lounge access at your outbound airport.
3. Qualifying Booking means a booking which meets all the following requirements:
Order must be for a package holiday that includes flights and accommodation; to one of the following long haul destinations: UAE: Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi. Indian Ocean: Maldives, Mauritius. Asia: Thailand. Caribbean: Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Tobago, Bahamas, Cuba, Grenada. North America: Mexico. USA: Las Vegas, New York, Orlando, Miami, Los Angeles. South Africa: Cape Town.
Order must be for no more than 6 passengers (infants aged under 2 do not count as a passenger for these purposes). For the avoidance of doubt, where the order has more than 6 passengers, no one on the booking will receive the complimentary lounge access. Lounge access for children varies according to each lounge – please see Lounge Terms and Conditions below for more details;
Order must be placed between 4 September and 17 September 2023;
Departure must be between 1 November 2023 and 30 June 2024;
There is no notice on the website/App informing you there are no passes available for the holiday you have selected (“Unavailability Notice”). Please see section 4 for more information on Availability;
Departure must not be from one of the excluded airports listed at https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/long-haul-free-lounge-airport-terms when you book. Please note this list is subject to change from time to time, therefore please check the list of excluded airports before making your booking; and
Order must be fully paid and remain active.
4. Availability: This promotion is subject to availability as there is a cap on the total number of lounge passes that can be offered at particular airports at certain travel times. That cap can fluctuate from time to time as there may be instances where OTB is able to secure additional availability for certain airports at certain times.
There are a number of factors that will impact availability and OTB cannot necessarily guarantee lounge access for Qualifying Bookings, for example:
If after making a Qualifying Booking, the airline changes your flight times, we cannot guarantee we will necessarily be able to offer lounge passes in respect of your amended flight times although we will endeavour to provide complimentary lounge access on your amended booking (provided it still falls within the definition of Qualifying Booking)
As the lounges are owned and operated by third parties, OTB does not have any control over the closure of the lounge facilities during advertised opening hours (for example for operational reasons, due to reasons of health and safety or due to circumstances beyond the lounge operator’s control)
If an unexpected number of qualifying customers happen to book holidays for the same day, time and departure point in a short period of time we may run out of our allocation at short notice.
The promotion is therefore subject to availability. Where possible, we will confirm any known availability issues by way of an Unavailability Notice.
If you make a Qualifying Booking whilst the promotion is running and:
(i) OTB is unable to provide the lounge access to all passengers named on that Qualifying Booking; or
(ii) any passengers named on a Qualifying Booking are unable to access the lounge because it is closed during its advertised opening hours or they are refused entry (other than due to the passenger not complying with the lounge’s terms – see below),
OTB will provide each affected passenger aged 2 and over with a cash alternative of £10 per passenger (“Compensation”), save that you will not be entitled to any Compensation where:
We have provided an Unavailability Notice and you have continued to book the holiday despite the presence of the Unavailability Notice
As a result of an amendment request by you, lounge passes are no longer available for your amended Qualifying Booking
5. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is only available to Qualifying Bookings booked between 4 and 17 September 2023 and departing between1 November 2023 and 30 June 2024.
6. You are responsible for any charges payable for anything that is not included complimentary with the lounge access.
7. The lounge access is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash equivalent will be given by OTB if you choose not to use the lounge access.
8. The lounges are owned and operated by third parties and each lounge has its own terms. Although OTB will pay for the lounge pass, it is your responsibility to comply with their terms so please read these carefully before you access the lounge: https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/long-haul-free-lounge-airport-terms.
9. OTB will not be liable and you will not be entitled to any Compensation where a lounge has refused access or asked you to leave the lounge because you have not complied with the lounge’s terms.
10. Each lounge has its own opening hours, please check https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/long-haul-free-lounge-airport-terms to see what these are and for when you will be able to access the lounge. Most lounges allow access 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure time but this can vary by lounge and may be shorter depending on your flight departure time. OTB shall have no liability to you if you make a Qualifying Booking but are unable to benefit from the lounge access because of the lounge opening hours. OTB will not provide an alternative to the lounge access or cash equivalent in these circumstances, and you will not qualify for any Compensation.
11. Please note:
most lounges have a smart-casual dress code and may refuse entry if you are not dressed appropriately. You are advised to check the terms for your lounge prior to use so you know what is acceptable.
some airports have multiple lounges. Please check your paperwork to ensure you go to the right one.
the services provided, including the food and drink offered, can vary by lounge. Please refer to the lounge operator’s terms and conditions.
12. Lounge access for children varies according to each lounge. You are advised to check the terms for your lounge prior to use to see what the policy is for the lounge at your departure airport.
13. The lounges are not obliged to make flight announcements and it is your responsibility to ensure that you leave the lounge in time to board your flight.
14. Subject to paragraph 15 OTB shall not be liable for any loss you suffer arising from the provision (or non-provision) or use of the lounge access, including but not limited to any loss or personal injury suffered inside a lounge, in respect of any personal belongings or any failure to board a flight.
15. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit the liability of OTB (i) in relation to personal injury or death caused by OTB’s negligence or (ii) in respect of its obligations under applicable legislation, including without the limitation the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018 where relevant.
17. OTB’s standard booking conditions apply to bookings, please refer to https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/terms_of_business and the other terms and conditions displayed as part of the booking journey.
18. These terms and conditions (and any issues or disputes arising) shall be governed by the law of England and Wales law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.