FREE Covid Test for Travel
Holidays are back! There may be a couple of other things to think about this time around, but we’ve got you covered. Post-Covid escapes are still filled with fun under the sun, but you’re going to need an important test to allow you to travel.
That’s where we come in. These tests are known for being a bit on the pricey side, but if you make a new booking with us for a flight-inclusive package holiday to Spain, the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Greece or Cyprus before the end of October 2021, to depart before the end of October 2022 we’ll get you your test for FREE*. Yes, you heard that right!
Seems too good to be true, doesn’t it? Well, we just want your big return to the beach to be as smooth sailing as possible. So all you need to do is book your perfect package with us and your FREE test will be sent to you. Easy as that.
*Some exemptions apply. See full Terms and Conditions below.
Who is eligible for the FREE COVID-19 test?
Customers who book flight-inclusive package holidays at least 10 days in advance to any eligible destination (see below). The booking must be made anytime between 1 October and 31st October 2021 and the customer must depart before 31st October 2022.
This offer is available to UK residents.
Our supplier is currently unable to deliver tests to the following postcodes: Scottish Islands (HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3): Scilly Isles (all beginning TR). This means if the lead passenger's address is included in one of these postcodes, unfortunately, you will not be eligible for this offer.
What destinations are included in this offer?
This offer is for customers travelling to Mainland Spain, the Canary Islands, the Balearics Islands, Greece and the Greek Islands, and Cyprus.
How soon after booking can I travel?
Your booking must be made at least 10 days before the departure date (this is to allow enough time for the tests to be processed and delivered).
How will I receive my test?
After making an eligible booking, the lead passenger’s details will be passed over to our testing partner, Collinson, a government-approved supplier.
They will then send tests out via tracked delivery. Tests will be delivered in advance of your arrival back in the UK, ready for passengers to take on Day 2 after they return. Please do not be concerned if your tests have not arrived prior to your departure date – they will fit through a standard-size letterbox and will be ready for you when you return home.
In addition to being sent the at-home testing kits, the lead passenger will receive an email containing a reference number for every eligible passenger’s test, to be added to the relevant passenger locator forms. Customers can expect to receive this email 48 hours before their return to the UK, at the latest, which is the earliest point that passenger locator forms can be completed.
Please note that it is the lead passenger’s responsibility to distribute these reference numbers to all eligible members of the party.
Can I have tests sent out to multiple addresses?
No, tests for everyone in your party will be sent to the lead passenger’s address.
I need to speak to someone regarding my test.
Tests are sent out by our partner, Collinson, a government-approved supplier. If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your test you can submit a ticket via their website.
What test will I receive?
For qualifying bookings departing between 4 October – 31 December 2021, every passenger aged 5 and over will receive a Day 2 PCR test OR an antigen test if an antigen test would be more appropriate at the time of your departure*.
For qualifying bookings departing between 1 January 2022 – 31 October 2022, every passenger aged 5 and over will receive an antigen test.
*It is anticipated that, from 24th October, a Day 2 antigen test will replace the Day 2 PCR test as the minimum legal requirement for fully-vaccinated passengers returning to the UK. Whilst expected, at the time of writing (18/10/2021) this change has not yet been confirmed by the UK Government.
Please note, for any customers who are not fully vaccinated, any additional tests that might be required for their destination, such as; pre-departure antigen tests, in-resort tests or Day 8 PCR tests, will not be covered by this promotion and will need to be arranged separately.
I have an existing booking, can I still get a free test?
This is a new offer that is available for bookings made between 1 October – 31st October 2021.
What if I cancel my holiday?
You will only be eligible to receive the test(s) if your booking remains active and is fully paid.
Can I change my holiday dates to claim the free test?
Unfortunately not. This offer only applies to new bookings that are made between 1 October and 31st October 2021.
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is offered by On the Beach Limited, whose registered office is 5 Adair Street, Manchester, M1 2NQ (“On the Beach” or “OTB”). By participating in the promotion, customers shall be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
2. All passengers aged 5 and over named on a Qualifying Booking (as defined below) who are resident in the UK will be eligible to receive free COVID-19 test as described in paragraph 4, provided the lead passenger does not have an excluded postcode*.
* The Testing Supplier (as defined below) is unable to deliver tests to the following postcodes: Scottish Islands (HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3): Scilly Isles (all beginning TR).3. ‘Qualifying Booking’ means a booking made which meets all of the following requirements:
a) Order must be for a package holiday that includes flights to one of the following destinations: Spain (including the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands): Cyprus: Greece (including Greek islands);
b) Order must be placed between 00:01 GMT on 1 October 2021 and 23:59 on 31 October 2021;
c) Departure must be no later than 31 October 2022;
d) Order must be placed at least 10 days before departure, to enable the tests to be sent to the passengers in plenty of time prior to departure; and
e) Order must be fully paid and remain active.
What is included and excluded?
4. On behalf of each passenger, On the Beach will pay an authorised provider of COVID-19 travel tests to supply each passenger with the following test (“Test”), based on their date of departure.
Departing between 4 October 2021 – 31 December 2021
For Qualifying Bookings departing between 4 October 2021 and 31 December 2021, every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive a PCR test OR an antigen test if an antigen test would be more appropriate at the time of your departure.
Departing between 1 January 2022 – 31 October 2022
For Qualifying Bookings departing on or after 1 January 2022, every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive an antigen test.
Subject to availability
6. This promotion is subject to availability and there is a cap on the number of Tests that can be redeemed. OTB anticipate this will be sufficient to meet demand. However, if this cap is reached, the promotion will cease to be available whether or not a Qualifying Booking is made. If OTB anticipates the demand will outstrip the number of tests available, it will stop advertising the promotion and a notice of withdrawal of the promotion will be added to the website at https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/free-covid-tests.
Who is my contract for the testing with?
7. The supplier of the Tests will be a third party who is authorised and accredited to carry out the Tests (“Testing Supplier”). The Testing Supplier will be Collinson Assistance Services Limited.
8. Although On the Beach will pay for the Tests on your behalf, your contract for the Tests will be with the Testing Supplier directly, and you will need to register with the Testing Supplier and agree to their Terms and Conditions once you have received your Tests.
9. The Tests do not form part of your package holiday, and are not a “travel service” for the purposes of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
10. Save where On the Beach has been negligent, On the Beach does not accept any liability for issues with the Tests (including, but not limited to, inconclusive test results or delayed test results) or any acts or omissions of the Testing Supplier, nor for the consequences of a positive test or false positive test. However, if the customer informs OTB promptly of any issues, OTB will provide customer with such reasonable assistance as it is able to in the circumstances.
11. In the event of an inconclusive test result, it will be customer’s responsibility to arrange for a replacement test.
How do I get/use my Tests?
12. The Testing Supplier will send the Tests to the lead passenger’s address on the Qualifying Booking via a delivery service. The lead passenger will be responsible for the Tests for all passengers on a Qualifying Booking once delivered and for ensuring that the Tests are provided to the other passengers.
13. The Testing Supplier will provide you with:
- Instructions on how to take the Test.
- If applicable, instructions on how to register the Test and get and record the test result;
- Customer support via email and online live chat.
14. It is customer’s responsibility to:
a) Provide complete and correct contact details (address, email address and telephone number) when making the Qualifying Booking. If incorrect or incomplete details are provided then the Testing Supplier may not be able to deliver the Tests in time before departure;
b) Check the entry requirements for their destination and their return back to the UK. As entry requirements can change at short notice, customer should check these requirements at regular stages before they depart. For more information, please check the FCDO’s website;
c) Register the Tests in line with Testing Supplier’s instructions;
d) Obtain a reference code for the passenger locator form;
e) Conduct the Tests in line with Testing Supplier’s instructions and in the required timescales;
f) To follow and comply with all instructions of Testing Supplier and their Terms and Conditions.
15. On the Beach will not accept liability for any failure by the customer to adhere to their responsibilities as set out in paragraph 14. If the test kits are lost/stolen/damaged/spoiled, it will be the customer’s responsibility to arrange a replacement test.
17. These terms and conditions (and any issues or disputes arising) shall be governed by the law of England and Wales law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. On the Beach’s standard booking conditions apply to bookings, please refer to https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/terms_of_business and the other terms and conditions displayed as part of the booking journey.
Here are a few destinations with FREE Covid tests for travel
Because beautiful beaches and delicious tapas is always a winning combo
From luxury escapes to affordable breaks, Greece is perfect for every holidaymaker
Offering all year round sunshine and endless beaches, the Canary Islands are a dream destination.
More great deals
Find your ideal holiday
Use our Holiday Finder to find the cheapest deals that match your criteria and choose your perfect holiday.
Value family deals
Inspiration for cheap family holidays abroad. We make it easy to find the trip that’s right for all of your family.
Cost saving breaks
Save money by not dishing out extra cash for food and drink, have a look at our all-inclusive holiday ideas.
Reasons to book with On the Beach…
Book with confidence
Our flight-inclusive package holidays are financially protected with ATOL
Over 1.5 million
happy customers book with us every year
Pay in instalments
& spread the holiday cost up to four weeks before you fly
24/7 in-resort support
from our UK call centre