FREE COVID-19 Tests
Holidays are back! There may be a couple of other things to think about this time around, but we’ve got you covered. Post-Covid escapes are still filled with fun under the sun, but you’re going to need some important tests to allow you to travel.
That’s where we come in. These tests are known for being a bit on the pricey side, but if you make a new booking with us for a 2021 flight-inclusive package holiday to Spain, the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Greece or Cyprus before the end of September, we’ll get you your tests for FREE*. Yes, you heard that right!
Seems too good to be true, doesn’t it? Well, we just want your big return to the beach to be as smooth sailing as possible. So all you need to do is book your perfect package with us and your FREE tests will be sent to you. Easy as that.
*Some exemptions apply. See full Terms and Conditions below.
Who is eligible for the FREE COVID-19 tests?
Customers who book flight-inclusive package holidays at least 10 days in advance to any eligible destination (see below). The booking must be made anytime between 8th September and 30th September 2021 and the customer must travel (depart and return) by 31st December 2021.
Due to Government requirements around some COVID-19 tests in Wales, this offer is only available to residents of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Our supplier is currently unable to deliver tests to the following postcodes: Scottish Islands (HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3): Scilly Isles (all beginning TR). This means if the lead passenger's address is included in one of these postcodes, unfortunately, you will not be eligible for this offer.
What destinations are included in this offer?
This offer is for customers travelling to Mainland Spain, the Canary Islands, the Balearics Islands, Greece and the Greek Islands, and Cyprus.
How soon after booking can I travel?
Your booking must be made at least 10 days before the departure date (this is to allow enough time for the tests to be processed and delivered).
How will I receive my tests?
After making an eligible booking, the lead passenger’s address details will be passed over to our testing partner, Collinson, a government-approved supplier.
You will then receive an email directly from Collinson with instructions on how to claim your free tests. Please make sure you carry out any instruction in this email as soon as you receive it to make sure your tests arrive on time.
Once claimed, they will then send tests out via tracked delivery. Tests will be delivered a minimum of 48 hours before departure.
Can I have tests sent out to multiple addresses?
No, tests for everyone in your party will be sent to the lead passenger’s address.
I need to speak to someone regarding my tests.
Tests are sent out by our partner, Collinson, a government-approved supplier. If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your tests you can submit a ticket via their website.
What tests will I receive?
Based on current Government requirements, for all bookings departing from October 4th 2021:
Every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive one PCR test to be carried out two days after arrival back into the UK.
Scotland and Northern Ireland residents:
Every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive one antigen test to be taken on holiday prior to return to the UK and one PCR test to be taken no later than two days after arrival in the UK.
If you are departing before October 4th 2021, every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive one antigen test to be taken on holiday prior to return to the UK and one PCR test to be taken no later than two days after arrival in the UK. This is for all residents of England, Scotland and NI.
I am not fully-vaccinated, am I still eligible?
For all eligible bookings travelling from October 4th 2021, English residents (aged 5 and over) will receive one free PCR test (to be carried out two days after arrival back into the UK) and Scottish and NI residents will receive two free tests (one antigen test to take pre-departure to the UK and one PCR test to take on day 2 of their return to the UK).
This is enough to cover all fully vaccinated passengers’ test requirements for travel to any of the included destinations.
Non-vaccinated travellers travelling from England from 4th October would need to purchase and complete one antigen test in destination before returning to the UK and an additional PCR test on day 8 of their return to the UK. Non-vaccinated travellers from Scotland and NI would need to purchase and complete an additional PCR test on day 8 of their return to the UK.
I have an existing booking, can I still get a free test?
This is a new offer that is available for bookings made between 8th and 30th September.
What happens if my holiday destination or the UK government introduces extra tests?
It will be for you to arrange and pay for any extra tests that are introduced after the start of the offer.
Do I have to use the tests?
You will automatically receive the tests if your booking qualifies but you do not have to use them if you would rather arrange for tests yourself.
What if I cancel my holiday?
You will only be eligible to receive the tests if your booking remains active and is fully paid.
What if the tests are no longer needed?
If the requirements change so the tests are no longer needed when you travel, you will not be sent the tests. We will also not provide a cash equivalent.
Can I change my holiday dates to claim free Covid tests?
Unfortunately, not. This offer only applies to new bookings that are made between the 8th and 30th of September 2021.
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is offered by On the Beach Limited, whose registered office is 5 Adair Street, Manchester, M1 2NQ (“On the Beach” or “OTB”). By participating in the promotion, customers shall be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
2. All passengers aged 5 and over named on a Qualifying Booking (as defined below) who are resident in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland* will be eligible to receive two free COVID-19 tests as described in paragraph 4 provided the lead passenger does not have an excluded postcode**.
*Residents of Wales are subject to different testing requirements and a private test provider is currently unable to be used for some tests.
** The Testing Supplier (as defined below) is unable to deliver tests to the following postcodes: Scottish Islands (HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3): Scilly Isles (all beginning TR).3. ‘Qualifying Booking’ means a booking made which meets all of the following requirements :
a) Order must be for a package holiday that includes flights to one of the following destinations: Spain (including the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands): Cyprus: Greece (including Greek islands);
b) Order must be placed between 00:01 GMT on 8 September 2021 and 23:59 on 30 September 2021;
c) Travel must take place in 2021, with a return date of no later than 31 December 2021;
d) Order must be placed at least 10 days before departure, to enable the tests to be sent to the passengers in plenty of time prior to departure; and
e) Order must be fully paid and remain active.
What is included and excluded?
4. On behalf of each passenger, On the Beach will pay an authorised provider of COVID-19 travel tests to supply each passenger with the following tests, based on their country of residence and date of departure.
(a) For Qualifying Bookings departing prior to 4 October 2021, every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive:
(i) A pre-departure antigen test for travelling back to the UK (Antigen Test); and
(ii) A PCR test to take on or before day 2 after you arrive in the UK (PCR Day 2 Test)
(b) For Qualifying Bookings departing on or after 4 October 2021, every passenger aged 5 years and older will receive a PCR Day 2 Test.
Scotland and Northern Ireland residents:
Every passenger aged 5 years and older on a Qualifying Booking will receive:
(i) A pre-departure antigen test for travelling back to the UK; and
(ii) A PCR test to take on or before day 2 after you arrive in the UK.
5. The Tests are the COVID-19 tests currently required by the UK Government for residents of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland who are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine returning to the UK from a country on the green or amber list. To clarify, you are classed as ‘fully vaccinated’ 14 days after you have had your second dose of a government-approved vaccine. Any additional tests which passengers may be required to take (e.g. tests to enter a destination country or a Day 8 test) are not included in the promotion.
6. If an overseas destination or the UK government or a devolved government introduces additional tests or new, more onerous or expensive testing requirements between the start of this promotion and the date of travel, the additional requirements are excluded from this promotion.
7. On the Beach will not provide the Tests (nor a cash equivalent) if the Tests are no longer required.
Subject to availability
8. This promotion is subject to availability and there is a cap on the number of Tests that can be redeemed. OTB anticipate this will be sufficient to meet demand. However, if this cap is reached, the promotion will cease to be available whether or not a Qualifying Booking is made. If OTB anticipates the demand will outstrip the number of tests available, it will stop advertising the promotion and a notice of withdrawal of the promotion will be added to the website at https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/free-covid-tests.
Who is my contract for the testing with?
9. The supplier of the Tests will be a third party who is authorised and accredited to carry out the Tests (“Testing Supplier”). The Testing Supplier will be Collinson Assistance Services Limited.
10. Although On the Beach will pay for the Tests on your behalf, your contract for the Tests will be with the Testing Supplier directly, and you will need to register with the Testing Supplier and agree to their Terms and Conditions once you have received your Tests.
11. The Tests do not form part of your package holiday, and are not a “travel service” for the purposes of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
12. Save where On the Beach has been negligent, On the Beach does not accept any liability for issues with the Tests (including, but not limited to, inconclusive test results or delayed test results) or any acts or omissions of the Testing Supplier, nor for the consequences of a positive test or false positive test. However, if the customer informs OTB promptly of any issues, OTB will provide customer with such reasonable assistance as it is able to in the circumstances.
13. In the event of an inconclusive test result, it will be customer’s responsibility to arrange for a replacement test.
How do I get/use my Tests?
14. The Testing Supplier will send the Tests to the lead passenger’s address on the Qualifying Booking via a delivery service. The lead passenger will be responsible for the Tests for all passengers on a Qualifying Booking once delivered and for ensuring that the Tests are provided to the other passengers.
15. The Testing Supplier will provide you with:
16. It is customer’s responsibility to:
a) Provide complete and correct contact details (address, email address and telephone number) when making the Qualifying Booking. If incorrect or incomplete details are provided then the Testing Supplier may not be able to deliver the Tests in time before departure;
b) Check the entry requirements for their destination and their return back to the UK and to determine whether the Tests are suitable for those requirements. As entry requirements can change at short notice, customer should check these requirements at regular stages before they depart. For more information, please check the FCDO’s website;
c) Arrange for someone to be in to collect the Test kits when they are delivered;
d) Take with them on holiday the correct Test to be taken prior to return to UK, and to pack and store this carefully in line with the Testing Supplier’s Terms and Conditions
e) Register the Tests in line with Testing Supplier’s instructions;
f) Obtain a reference code for the passenger locator form;
g) Conduct the Tests in line with Testing Supplier’s instructions and in the required timescales;
h) Return Day 2 PCR test in line with Testing Supplier’s instructions; and
i) To follow and comply with all instructions of Testing Supplier and their Terms and Conditions.
17. On the Beach will not accept liability for any failure by the customer to adhere to their responsibilities as set out in paragraph 16. If the test kits are lost/stolen/damaged/spoiled, it will be the customer’s responsibility to arrange a replacement test.
19. These terms and conditions (and any issues or disputes arising) shall be governed by the law of England and Wales law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. On the Beach’s standard booking conditions apply to bookings, please refer to https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/terms_of_business and the other terms and conditions displayed as part of the booking journey.
Reasons to book with On the Beach…
Book with confidence
Our flight-inclusive package holidays are financially protected with ATOL
Over 1.5 million
happy customers book with us every year
Pay in instalments
& spread the holiday cost up to four weeks before you fly
24/7 in-resort support
from our UK call centre