Did you know that Greece is made up of thousands of islands and islets, all with their own quirks, personalities, and stories to tell? The good news is that there are some pretty darn brilliant island-hopping itineraries where you can easily visit one, two, or even three islands in just one day. Check out a few of our fave Greek island-hopping trips…
For the Families
Skiathos – Alónissos – Skopelos
- Easily travel between three islands
- Meet the wildlife at the National Marine Park of Alónissos
- Relax in Skopelos
Fancy a fun-filled family day out? Look no further than a trip from Skiathos over to the National Marine Park of Alónissos and finally, the island of Skopelos.
- Wake the kids, pack your sun cream, and grab some breakfast.
- Hop on the ferry to Alónissos.
- Check out the different islands of the National Marine Park of Alónissos that hundreds of plants and animals call home. Kids will especially love trying to spot the protected Mediterranean monk seals in the park’s caves.
- Jump back on the ferry.
- Stop off at Skopelos and enjoy a bite to eat by the docks.
- Treat yourselves to a lazy afternoon on the beach where the kids will love splashing about in blue waters, or shop the markets of Skopelos’ hillside villages.
- Make your way back to your hotel for some well-deserved rest; it’s been a busy day.
For the Lovers
Corfu – Paxos
- Regular ferry between both islands
- Swim the underwater caves
- Pick your favourite beach to visit
- Savour homemade Greek cooking
Wow your other half with a day trip to Paxos, easily accessible by ferry from Corfu. Claimed to have been created by the ancient god of the seas, Poseidon, as a romantic retreat for his beloved Amphitrite, Paxos has been famed for its beauty and atmosphere since way back. Today, Paxos is a little island with a lot of heart, perfect for the island-hopper in love.
- Whisk them down to the docks to catch your ferry over to Paxos.
- Go for a wander through the olive groves or hike along the old trails.
- Take a snorkelling boat tour around the island’s caves.
- Scout the island for your favourite lounging spot and set up camp for the rest of the day.
- Round your day off with a taste of homemade Greek cooking at one of the traditional tavernas.
- Head back to Corfu.
- Enjoy a romantic meal for two over that beautiful Grecian sunset at one of Corfu’s perfectly located restaurants.
For the Adventurers
Kefalonia – Ithaca
- Short transfer
- Swim in Melissani Cave, known locally as the Cave of the Nymphs
- Discover the lands of Homer’s Odyssey
Release your inner ancient Greek and head over to the legendary island of Ithaca. Take that perfect selfie at its ancient ruins then tan yourselves silly on the beaches.
- Catch the 40 minute boat from Kefalonia to Ithaca.
- Step back in time at the Archaeological Museum of Vathi.
- Meet the locals over lunch at one of the fish taverns.
- Top up your tan at the beach.
- Return to Kefalonia.
- Stop for a swim with the nymphs at Melissani Cave on the way back to your hotel.
Island-hopping around the Greek islands is definitely the way forward. Whether you want to get off the beaten track, worship the sun, or party the night away, there’s an island out there calling your name.
Find out more about our range of Greece holidays today