On the Beach Sponsors Benidorm Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is On The Beach Limited (company number 03162982)
- Competition offers entrants the chance to win a complimentary 7 night stay at the Sol Pelicanos Ocas hotel in Benidorm, for either a family 2 adults and 2 children or a group of up to 4 adults on Bed & Breakfast board, staying in a Family Room (the “Prize”). Further details below.
- The Competition shall commence at 12:00pm Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on Wednesday 1st March 2017 and shall end at 12:00pm GMT on Thursday 27th April 2017 (the “Competition Period”).
Rules of Entry:
- The Competition is free to enter and there is no purchase necessary.
- The Promoter will post an online form (the “Competition Form”) located here, each week of the Competition Period, the first Competition Form to be posted on 1 March 2017.
- Each week, the Competition Form will contain a new competition question, making 9 questions in total.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the Competition Form and correctly answer the competition question asked within.
- Entrants who answer the competition question(s) correctly will be entered into a prize draw to win the Prize at the end of the Competition Period.
- Entrants can answer each weekly question. However they cannot answer each question more than once. This means there is a maximum of 9 entries per person into the Prize Draw.
- All entries must be made during the Competition Period. No further entries will be considered outside of this time.
- Entrants must enter their email address into each Competition Form in order to enter the competition.
- By entering the Competition, entrants consent to being added into the Promoter’s marketing database and agree that the Promoter may contact them with relevant news and offers or other marketing purposes. Entrants may opt out at any time.
- Entries which do not comply with these Rules of Entry will be void.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not successfully completed for whatever reason.
- Any entry that is made online using methods generated by a script, macro, or through the use of automated devices will be void.
- Incomplete or fraudulent entries will not be valid and will be void.
- Postal entries will not be accepted.
18. The Competition is open to entrants aged 18 years or over.
- Entrants must be residents of Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland – excluding Ireland), the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man only.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, agents and any third party professionally connected with the administration of the Promotion may not participate.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry, or refuse to award any prize to anyone that is believed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
22. One Winner will be selected at complete random by the Promoter via a prize draw at the end of the Competition Period.
23. The Winner will be selected from the pool of entrants that completed a Competition Form and have answered at least one question correctly.
24. The Winner will be notified by the Promoter by email by 12:00pm on Wednesday 10th May 2017, using the email address supplied at the time of entry.
25. The Promoter may also make announcements regarding the Winner of the Competition on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, all of the above or any other social media platform as the Promoter so chooses.
26. The Promoter may also make announcements regarding the Winner of the competition via emails to subscribers of the Promoter’s database, as well as in an article hosted on the Promoter’s blog (onthebeach.co.uk/blog).
27. If any Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 48 hours of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and re-allocate the prize at their discretion.
28. All Winners consent to their name and town being posted across the Promoter’s owned social and online channels, and email communication. Any personal data relating to the Winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- There will be one Prize awarded by the Promoter as follows, such Prize to constitute a Flight plus Hotel booking made with the Promoter:
- Accommodation for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children, or up to 4 adults at the Sol Pelicanos Ocas hotel in Benidorm for 7 nights’ duration, subject to availability.
- Return economy flights for 4 passengers between a UK airport and Alicante airport.
- Bed and Breakfast board basis at the hotel.
- The whole party to stay in a Family Room.
- For travel before 30 September 2017.
- To redeem the Prize, the Winner must respond to the Promoter’s email notifying them of having won the Competition within 48 hours.
- In redeeming the Prize, the Winner (and any member of their travelling party) accept that the Promoter acts as booking agent only and that the Prize is not for redemption against a ‘Package Holiday’ for the purposes of the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. The Winner accepts that they are afforded no rights under these regulations.
- The Prize does not include travel insurance, or any other items or expense not specifically stated within the Prize description. All such costs and expenses will be the responsibility of the Winner and additional members of their travelling party. The Winner and the additional members of their travelling party are responsible for ensuring they hold a valid passport and any necessary visa to travel, hold the adequate travel insurance, and comply with any other Terms and Conditions applicable to the Prize.
- The Prize may only be redeemed through communication between the Winner and the Promoter. The Winner must notify the Promoter via email when they wish to redeem the Prize and the Promoter will, acting as agent, make the arrangements directly with Sol Pelicanos Ocas hotel in Benidorm. To arrange the flights, the Winner must call a member of the Promoter’s sales team and these will be arranged.
- The Prize cannot be redeemed online.
- All bookings made to redeem the Prize are also subject to the Promoter’s separate Terms of Business, and the Terms and Conditions of the suppliers of the flights and accommodation. Copies of these terms can be found on the Promoter’s website.
- Any fees or costs associated with or incidental to the acceptance or use of the Prize will be the responsibility of the Winner.
- All components of the Prize are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and have no cash value. No cash equivalent will be given.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition, in whole or in part, at any time where it becomes necessary to do so, with no liability to any entrant or any third party. For the avoidance of doubt, this may include the cancellation of any unredeemed prizes.
- In the event that the Promoter enforces its rights in the above clause, entrants will be notified via email to the email address they used to enter the Competition. Announcements will also be made on the Promoter’s owned social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). The Promoter will endeavour to give entrants 30 days notice of this or, if this is not possible, as much notice as is deemed reasonable by the Promoter.
- By entering this Competition, entrants consent to their personal data being passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment, delivery or arrangement of any prize.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- These Terms and Conditions relate and are applicable to this Competition only.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Competition will be governed by the law of England and Wales, and all entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Limitations of liability:
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of accepting the Prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
- In any event, except in instances of death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, liability of the Promoter is limited to a maximum value of £2500 only, this being the aggregate value of the Prize.
- The Promoter is not liable for any additional costs incurred by any winners in the redemption of the Prize.
- Neither the Promoter, its employees nor its agents assume any responsibility or liability for the following:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate entry made.
- Any system failures on any of the websites, applications or social media platforms being utilised to run the Competition.
- Any failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this Competition, although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants of such failure.
- Any other matter outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control which prevents the Promoter from performing its obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Such matters include but are not limited to the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, fire or flood, riot, legal restrictions or an act of God.